Re: Chroma at 4:2:0 sampling.

> > Just use 4:2:2 and skip the chroma scanlines you don't want.
>
>  Why is it that the bt848 can't just be programmed to skip the
>  appropriate scan lines?  That would be more efficient.

I'd expect the difference is next to nothing.  The only penalty is the
slightly larger working set due to some unused scanlines in the image,
thus leading to a few more cache misses.

And how exactly the interleave should look like?  One chroma scanline is
used for two luma scanlines, one from the even field and one from odd
field.  No matter whenever I use the even or odd field for the chroma
scanline, it would match for one of the two luma scanline only.  I can
make the bt848 interleave chroma too, but I don't see how this improves
the situation.  It is still wrong for 50% of the luma scanlines.

bttv works this way for ages, and I'm not going to change it unless
someone can come up with a very good argument.

  Gerd

--
Netscape is unable to locate the server localhost:8000.
Please check the server name and try again.