Re: Looking for a capture card that give audio and video frames...

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Thenmozhi Arunan wrote:

> I have redhat7.1 linux 2.4.2 running on a PIII 1Ghz system. The bttv
> driver version is 0.7.57. I'm currently using FlyVideo II which has only
> video input. So, I grab video thru the flyvideo card and audio through the
> sound card. We are trying to implement a real-time mpeg-2 encoder.
> Now, I'm looking for a card from which I can capture both audio and video
> frames. Is Fly video 98 good for that? If not, please let me know of any
> other card that also linux support?
>
> One more question, Is there a way of knowing video/audio frames missed by
> the capture program in v4l? Does v4l2 have that facility?

Hi,

I successfully capture audio and video from my Hauppauge WinTV PCI FM
cards.  bttv has the "btaudio" driver that captures audio from many
bt878/9 based cards.

To be clear - this audio is captured without use of the line-out on the
card and any other sound card.

Regards,
Steve