Re: More than one card?

Hi,

Feedback on the >1 card setup - which now works for me.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Stephen Davies wrote:

> I've just added a second WinTV PCI FM card to my system.  Video capture
> works great off both cards, but the audio doesn't switch on the second
> card when flipping between Television and Composite.  Looks like the msp
> driver doesn't understand about more than one chip?

This turned out to be another problem in setstereo - if you were listening
to a NICAM broadcast and switched to composite, setstereo ended up setting
the high byte of the channel source to 0x0200|0x0100 (ie, NICAM+SCART)
which equals the sbus input which doesn't exist on the msp3415 - seems it
stays with the nicam decoder.  So nothing to do with >1 card.

I've fixed that.

I also adjusted the printk's in msp3400 to show the instance number 'cos
debugging from two cards at once is completely confusing otherwise.
Patches on the way.

> Also, btaudio sees both cards, but both digital devices appear to deliver
> audio from the first card...

This was just limitation in the option parsing - can't use the dsp1= and
dsp2= options with more than one card 'cos it tries to put all the devices
on the same minor number.

Regards,
Steve