Re: Re: OT? deinterlacing

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:15:31 +0100 (BST), Jonathan Paisley wrote:

>> Am I correct that descaler just uses one half of the frame and then
>> scales up the video?  If so then this is not a acceptable solution
>> since halving the video resolution won't go over well for an
>> inspection product.
>
>It's worth ensuring that the camera being used actually has a sensor with
>the vertical resolution you want. A lot of small CCTV-style cameras have a
>sensor with half (in both axes) full-frame resolution (but they still
>produce both fields so it's a valid video signal).

Good idea. I seem to remember it does but I will double check.

I have a unit now and I can see what they are talking about.  I am
not quite sure its the combing effect.  There are some jagged edges
during movement one or 2 lines that appear but dosen't seem to be as
severe as I have read described in the archives.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx               501.846.5777