Re: BTTV - MSP34XX not detected

* Rehan Khamaruddin (rsk02@xxxxxxxxxxx) [010929 01:48]:
> into Win2k and run the WinTV200 application and then
> immediately reboot into linux, everything works

Ohm the reason is simple.  The MSP3435 on the PVR is attached to an
Altera FLEX device.  The Altera is an FGPA(?) and needs its firmware
for it to work at all.  The Windows driver can load the firmware.
Also, I've been hacking up a Kfir driver for Linux.  Right now, I can
load the Altera firmware, but the driver is a royal mess.  I need to
clean it up a tad before I dare release it (it's based off the work at
pvr.sourceforge.net, but w/o all the ugly user/kernel space hacks).

Also, is the SA7113 supported in any of the v4l drivers?  I can use the
one from the Kfir reference driver, but if there is one already...

Only thing really left is to find where the hell the ADSP microcode
(yes, the PVR has 3 chips that need programming.  Two are easy, the
third, the ADSP, has it's microcode hidden somewhere...) is hidden in
the Windows driver.  Once I have that, I can easily test the MPEG
capabilities of the Linux driver.

Mark