From: Vu Thu Trang <vtrang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 2:58 PM
Subject:  No buffer space available ????

> Hi all of you,
>
> Thanks to your great advice, I finally compiled successfully
> BigPhysarea with kernel 2.2.19. I checked and could see the bigphysarea
> in /proc. Thank you again a lot.
>
> After successfully installing the kernel, I tried to compile the driver
> for the VideoWonder card (which comes with the SAA7110 & Zoran 36120
> chip). This is the result of my "lsmod"
>
> ****************
> Module                  Size  Used by
> soundcore               2608   0  (autoclean) (unused)
> zoran                  23728   0  (unused)
> tuner                   2224   0  (unused)
> saa7110                 2592   1
> videodev                2688   2  [zoran]
> i2c                     3520   3  [zoran tuner saa7110]
> ****************
>
> Then I tried to check if the camera of mine works or not. I am not sure
> how to check it, but some website suggested me to run xawtv. I tried to
> install and run xawtv in X, but there are some bad errors:
>
> ****************
> This is xawtv-3.54, running on Linux/i686 (2.2.19)
> switching visual (0x25)
> Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
> can't open /dev/video0: No buffer space available
> v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No buffer space available
> v4l: open /dev/video0: No buffer space available
> no video grabber device available
> ****************
>
> Now I dont know how to go on. Is my Webcam ready to work or not, and if
> OK, how can I check configure for it?
>

> Thank you a lot and best wishes,
> VTTrang

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@xxxxxxxxx and delete this mail
from your records.