Re: Re: xawtv and rage 128 troubles

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the r128 uses the Rage Theatre chipset... so if that's the case, the drivers for TV are the ati_xv/ati.2 drivers from the GATOS website... those use XVideo for TV, not V4L. In fact, there is no capture support so far using those drivers.

From: Ben Jones <benjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: xawtv and rage 128 troubles
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:24:51 -0500

> >  I initially had a messed up and fuzzy picture, and my system would
> >  lock up right after launching xawtv.
>
> Either turn off DRI or add Option "UseCCEfor2D" to the device section
> to fix the lockups.

Thanks so much for the help. I added this line to the device section
based on what you said above and a line already in the config file:

    Option      "UseCCEFor2D" "true"

That seems to have fixed the lockup problem, and with a new string of
coax the picture is as clear as a bell . . . as long as I don't load
the v4l module in XF86Config. If I load v4l, the picture goes
away. I'm perfectly happy not to load v41, but I'm curious as to why
it causes the picture not to work. My guess is that my POS video card
(Rage 128) doesn't support something that's required. Is that correct?

--
		-Ben Jones

benjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.superutility.net/