RE: Re: V4L / bttv / xawtv howto question

On 10-Sep-2001 Gerd Knorr wrote:
>>  Question:
>>
>>          did I setup the hardware properly (audio-out to WinTV Line-IN,
>>          WinTV
>>          Line-Out to sound-card line-in) ?
>
> That should have worked.  If you pick some video source != television
> the driver should switch the audiomux to pass throught the WinTV's
> line-in to the line-out.  I don't have access to my WinTV currently
> througth, so I can't check this now ...

Some followup information.

I swapped the WinTV card in my pc, w/ the one in my wifes W2K box, just to
satisfy my curiousity that the card itself was not spoilt.

My old card, in the W2k box, works under W2k (can hear sound). The card that
used to be in her box (and passed sound thru from WinTV line-out to soundcard
line-in) does not work.

I checked against xawtv 3.61, and the results are the same.

Some addl't info.

My capture setup is:

        TV norm:        PAL
        Video Source:   Composite1 (note that Composite3 also produces good
                        video, but neither produce sound)

        audio mode:     I have tried: auto, mono, stereo, Lang 1, Lang 2
                        I get no audio on any of the above.

        frequency tbl:  is this applicable for Composite video ? I think I read
                        in the bttv driver README or FAQ

I've been thru the READMT.btaudio (but for now my bigger concern is just
watching TV, recording will be later :)

One other thought crossed my mind. I have a 694D (smp) motherboard, and
I was wondering if this sound passthru problem might be related to something
pci related (attached is my lspic output).

I'm looking for suggestions of things to try. (does the "analog=1" make a
difference for just passthru audio ?)

thanks for any suggestions, and regards,

-Greg

>   Gerd

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler@xxxxxxxxxxx    |