Re[2]: How can I ?

Hello Jodie,

Sunday, September 09, 2001, 4:20:29 AM, you wrote:

JR> How about ffmpeg to do a live broadcast?  You could configure it for Real or
JR> DivX streaming, which could them be watched on the windows machine with Real
JR> Player, The Playa, Microsoft Media Player

JR> You could also use Real Encoder for Linux and Real Player on the PC.

JR> Links that might be helpful to you:

JR> http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net (you can get the latest ffmpeg encoder here)

JR> http://www.projectmayo.com  (Look up "The Playa" under windows, ffmpeg under
JR> Linux and such)

JR> http://www.real.com (dig around for Real Encoder - free version)

JR> Hope that helps!

I believe that The Playa is not able to be a client for this task ( it
can play AVI while downloading them over HTTP protocol, but that's not
what is needed here ).
FFMPEG is a good suggestion, though AFAIK it's not very reliable yet.
Real does not have any free streaming solutions ( nothing cheaper
than $2000 ).

--
Best regards,
 Eugene