Refactoring existing driver to v4l(2), where to start, need help

Hi,

I have a MPEG2 (and MPEG1) encoder card which uses the linuxtv.org driver. Although this works ok, it seems that refactoring the driver to v4l2 is a sensible thing to do.

My driver development experience is minimal, but may be enough when using an existing driver to refactor it under v4l2.

The card is based on the kfir1 chip from visiontech and does basic video-grabbing from composite and s-video input to mpeg2 files. It also has a stereo audio input.

Are there any efforts out there for this chip? If so, I would like to help out. If not, I need help. What is the typical timeframe for a driver development from boilertemplate to reasonable working driver?

Marcel