Re: FlyVideo 98 tuner PAL-DK

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:02:56PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > Can you provide the exact tuner type?

I found a h20drv.ini on my Windows partition which says

  [LR25]
  VideoDecoder=0
  TunerModule=0
  TVStandard=1
  MTS=0
  Remote=1

  ;VideoDecoder   0: SAA7110                      1: SAA7111
  ;TunerModule    0: Hitachi                      1: Philips except FI1216MF
  ;               2: Philips FI1216MF             3: Alps
  ;               4: Temic
  ;TVStandard     0: Hitachi A50G                 1: Hitachi E series
  ;               This entry is used with Hitachi tuner module only.
  ;MTS            0: No MTS module                1: With MTS module
  ;Remote         0: No remote control            1: With remote control

so it looks like my card has a Hitachi tuner module.  I do not see any
Hitachi tuners in CARDLIST.  :-/

I managed to get at least one channel to work by adding pll=1 to bttv.o
options and trying tuner type 7 (Temic PAL_I (4062 FY5)) or 35 (Temic
PAL_DK (4012 FY5)).  Two other channels show video, but not sound.

Then I finnaly gave up and started the brute force approach: trying out
all tuner types, not just PAL.  Suprisingly, type=31 (SHARP NTSC_JP
(2U5JF5540)) worked (more or less), and also so did all Alps variants.
I get less channels than I do on Windows, but maybe that's because it's
already quite late and probably incorrect frequency table choice.

I have all the frequencies of the available channels in hdtv.ini on my
Windows partition, but there are two problems:
1) different tuner types find the same channels on different frequencies
   (I assume it's actually the same frequency, but the driver thinks
   it itsn't because the actual tuner is different than specified.)
2) I don't know how to feed the list of frequencies to xawtv -- so far
   the only method seems to be insmod tuner.o type=X debug=1 and tail -F
   /var/log/messages while finetuning -- a bit tedious.

Marius Gedminas
--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong