Re: bttv and ffmpeg

>  However, I would like to use ffmpeg, except there are no commandline
>  switches to change the format. Is there a way to change the bttv driver to
>  NTSC? I am game for anything, commandline tool, or source changes to make
>  NTSC the default.
>
>  I tried the v4lctl ('v4lctl -v 1 -c /dev/video0 setnorm NTSC') tool but it
>  doesn't seem to make any permanent changes.

These changes are permanent (until next reboot, next driver reload or
some app setting something else).  Try capuring images using "v4lctl
snap ..." with and without setting the norm to NTSC first to see the
difference.  Its probably ffmpeg who sets the norm back to PAL.

  Gerd

--
Damn lot people confuse usability and eye-candy.