Re: xawtv: black Lines, again

Justin S. Peavey wrote:

I know there was some discussion last month re: black lines appearing
on the right side of xawtv overlay images when scaled beyond a certain
point, I've recently changed motherboards and now I'm affected as
well.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Before (everything worked fine):

MB:      Asus P3C-D (Intel 820 chipset)
Card:    GeForce2 GTS
Driver:	 nv or nvidia (closed source), both worked fine; with nvidia
         driver xawtv would change resolutions to get to fullscreen.
XFree86: 4.0.1 or 4.1, both worked fine

now:
MB: Tyan Tiger 133 (Apollo 133A chipset)

Since the only thing that changed from a perfectly working
configuration to the black-line haunt was the MB/Chipset, I've spent
most of my time trying to tweak X, driver versions, and AGP settings
with no luck - the lines remain.  No xawtv options (outside of using
grabdisplay) seem to have any effect either. Any other ideas to try?

-JSP

You need to play with the PCI latency options for your M/B. The black stripes happen when you run out of PCI bandwidth for transfering the images to the screen.

-justin