Re: black stripes

> > 	Im having reoccurence old problems where in grabdisplay mode
> > 	I'm having black vertical "stripes" along the right side
> > 	of the screen.
> >
> > 	also if I swtich into the full screen mode (also in grab display)
> > 	it will dispaly only left 66% of the screen, also whith horizontal
> > 	black thin stripes taking around half of the monitor..
>
> Can you identify how many pixels width are being captured? I found a
> similar problem (which I mentioned on this list some while back). I'm
> using a PAL tv signal, and my bttv card doesn't do scaling properly if the
> requested width is greater than 768 pixels (which does happen because of
> the way the driver I'm using---0.7.64, IIRC---works).
>
> If you use the XFree v4l module, it restricts the max width to 768 so the
> problem goes away. I patched the driver to fix this and it's worked fine
> for me ever since. In testing, I identified that the problem only occurs
> at certain display heights (e.g. it doesn't occur if you're only showing
> one field...@288 pixels)
>
> Alternatively, it could be that bandwidth thing again :)

I think it might be somehow related to the fact that in my XFree86-4
config file I have defined only one mode, that is "1280x1024", and I
suspect XVideo extension switches resolution, when running in full-screen
overlay mode. Is this case?

If so what kind of resolutions I should add there besides my default one?

Also where I can find information on differences between grab display and
overlay. I have a vague idea how they differ but I would know difference
in more details.