Re: Others capture programs beside streamer, ffmpeg????

"Lee Hock Nang, Don" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am all new to this video capturing thing.
>
> I have tried my hands on streamer and ffmpeg to captured video sequences.
> Is there other software that I could get my hands dirty on? Which encoding format would you recommend - - - mpeg1, 2  avi (divX) or some others.
>
> I need something that is fast and the output format can be play in like xine, xmovie or some commom player.
>
> I am all open to suggestion.
>
> Don

There are plenty of format converters around, so I will assume that any
of the following are OK.

1) (my usual plug) NVrec: http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2
2) mp1e: http://zapping.sf.net/ (look in downlaods)
3) NuppelVideo: http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/nuppelvideo/
4) qtvidcap (part of avifile): http://divx.euro.ru/
5) realproducer: http://www.real.com/
6) mainactor: http://www.mainconcept.com/
7) ... can't remember ... any more out there?

*NOTE: I wrote down the URLs from memory, so there may be mistakes (but
you can find the programs using google).
*NOTE: I wrote NVrec because none of the others worked well for me.

-justin