Help with Card ID

Hi folks. I've recently inherited a couple of capture cards with no
documentation or software, and was hoping someone else in the world
might be able to beat me with a clue stick.

First off, there's a minimalist bt848 card that was bundled with a
webcam.

http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/~barnesm/vidcap/848.jpg

No tuner or sound input. The connectors (from top to bottom) are
S-Video, RCA-composite and a (jumper selectable) 5v/12v power output for
the card. I thought it might be a "Grand Video Capture" mentioned in
bttv-cards.c but I've had no luck getting a good picture out of it. I
saw one of these working in a Win95 machine (reformatted before I
realised I didn't have any drivers) and it had a passable colour
picture. I can only get grainy black & white out of it so far. Any hints
appreciated. I have a couple of these, with cameras.

Secondly, the one I'm most interested in, is a full 878 based TV Tuner
card.

http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/~barnesm/vidcap/878.jpg

Terrible photograph of that one. I can get something better if someone
thinks they recognise the general layout. I'm close to getting this
working, apart from (you guessed it) the sound.

Presently I'm treating it as a Pixelview PlayTV (type=16) and forcing
the tuner type to 19 (Temic PAL* auto). This works. I've got a rotten
antenna, but I'm getting a couple of channels pretty clear - so I'm
assuming it's close to correct. Before I start digging through the
instructions in the Sound-FAQ (which are fairly intimidating) - has
anyone seen one of these before, or even had one make noise?

Of course, if I've done my usual trick of finding hardware that doesn't
exist please tell me I should give up trying to scavenge my way through
life and go and buy something new in a box.

Thanks,
Mike.