v4l1/programming questions (slightly off topic)

Hi everybody.  Working to round off NVrec, I have run into 2 problems,
and I was hoping someone on the list might be able to lend a hand.  My
appologies for posting slightly off-topic :-(.

1) Is there any way to get the frame rate / frame period from a V4L1
device?  I don't see anything that returns it specifically.  I do see
that GCHAN gives back a norm, although the API doesn't define what the
values returned in norm will be...

2) How do I get my files longer than 4GB?  For some reason I cannot seem
to get it right, even with programs that claim to support long file
names!  As far as I can see, compiling with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
should do the trick, and it does seem to work, if you "nm" the result,
you can see it uses open64, rather than open, but all the read/write
functions remain the same!

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin