Re: Recording mpeg from camcorder...

Hi Gerd,

    Gerd> Lokesh Setia wrote:
    >>  I've tried avifile, but have only an older version which
    >> crashes out-of-the-box.  The newer versions fail to compile on
    >> the picky RH7 compiler, though it's been some time since I
    >> tried last.

    Gerd> AFAIK the compiler of RH is an unstable gcc release,
    Gerd> Mandrake also delivers the same unstable release (not in all
    Gerd> of their linux releases, but in some), as mandrake claims to
    Gerd> be RH compatible. Maybe you should install an official
    Gerd> release of gcc to solve this problem. Have a look at gcc's
    Gerd> homepage at http://www.gnu.ai.mit.edu/software/gcc/gcc.html

Thanks for the advice.  I am well aware of the gcc and RH7 issues
(that's why I said that it's *picky*, and not that it's *buggy*).
There were actually a few bugs too, but that's another story.

I will still do something about it if someone kindly points out
whether avifile will fit my bill or not, in terms of processing power
required, file formats etc. (please see my original post for that,
thanks)

 Loki

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux