Linux hardware MPEG en/decoders?

Peter Kaczowka writes:
 > Can someone point me to a list of what hardware MPEG2 encoder and/or
 > decoder chips are supported on Linux?  I'm not looking for V4L1/2 or Xv
 > support; I'm not sure either interface really supports such hardware.
 > I'm looking for driver support, e.g. a device in /dev, with read / write
 > / ioctl support.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Peter Kaczowka

Have a look at www.linuxtv.org. There are drivers for DVB and MPEG
decoder cards and for one MPEG encoder card. The decoders support the
linux DVB API which used to be the same as the Nokia OST driver API,
but those two have deviated a little although many of the original
calls are the same.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     http://www.metzlerbros.de