Strange Behaviour

Hi,

I've some problems getting xawtv up and running.
I already tested different versions of bttv- they all
behave the same way.
If I insmod bttv without any parameters my card is recognized
as Hauppauge new (BT878). With this setting I get the picture
but with no sound.
So I went through all cards and insmod'ed one after another.
Two cards, type 27 and 35, give me sound immediately after
When I use the card type of my card, (21, Lucky Star Image World
Conference TV) I get no sound and also a core-dump.
Can anyone please give me a hint what to do because it's the
first time I try to set up a tv-card under linux.
To me as a novice it seems like I need a "mixture" of two
drivers- Hauppage new for the picture and type 27 or 35 for the
sound. But this can't be the right way :-)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Roland