Re: modprobe bttv fails

John,

Ok I will send it tonight for you. ( i'm at work now :} ) ~ prolly try to
get it to you by 6:30 ish

> Jay, I am in Brisbane. Whatever your .xawtv file looks like, it can't
hurt!
> I modprobed tuner, and didn't get noticeably better results.

mmmm u should of, what modules do you load? I go about it by _

sync; sleep 1; sync
insmod videodev
insmod i2c-old  <- See Notes
insmod bttv
insmod tuner

You may have to specify what card you have by 'insmod bttv card=n'
where n = the card you have

card=n          card type
                0:  Auto-Detect
                1:  Miro
                2:  Hauppauge (old bt848 boards)
                3:  STB
                4:  Intel
                5:  Diamond
                6:  AVerMedia
                7:  MATRIX Vision MV-Delta
                8:  FlyVideo
                9:  TurboTV
                10: Hauppauge (new bt878 boards)
                11: MIRO PCTV pro
                12: Terratec/Vobis TV-Boostar
                13: Newer Hauppauge WinCam (bt878)
                14: MAXI TV Video PCI2
                15: Terratec TerraTV+
                16: Aimslab VHX
                17: PXC200
                18: AVermedia98
                19: FlyVideo98 (newer FlyVideo cards)
                20: Zoltrix TV-Max
                21: iProTV
                22: ADS Technologies Channel Surfer TV
                23: Pixelview PlayTV (bt878)
                24: Leadtek WinView 601
                25: AVEC Intercapture
                26: LifeView FlyKit w/o Tuner
                27: Intel Create and Share PCI

Same goes for the tuner but with ' insmod tuner type=n '

type=n          type of the tuner chip. n as follows:
                0: Temic PAL tuner
                1: Philips PAL_I tuner
                2: Philips NTSC tuner
                3: Philips SECAM tuner
                4: no tuner
                5: Philips PAL tuner
                6: Temic NTSC tuner
                7: Temic PAL tuner
                8: Alps TSBH1 NTSC tuner
                9: Alps TSBE1 PAL tuner

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/BTTV-4.html    this might help you out a
bit...

Notes: I use i2c-old, cause it works for me, I've been told that this is
wrong, (which it prolly is, but it works so hey..) The REAL module is i2c.
But until i upgrade to v4l2, i don't see any point in changing it...
 unless someone on the list can give me a good enough reason to do so ) :)

> Is there some
> way to get this thing to autodetect channels? Thanks,
>
> John

mmm not that i know of,, if you have a tv viewer for windows, the channels
should be in the same spot. (they are from my bt848 card anywayz
http://www.spiritmodems.com.au/tvt.htm )

~ Jay

<< I think thats all >>