RE: FAQ and Video with no Audio...

Hi,

On 05-Jun-01 jpantera@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>     I have a Hauppauge WinTV card, showing up in dmesg as a "B878".  On my
> RedHat 7 (kernel 2.2.16) image system I installed xawtv, as well as loaded
> the bttv and tuner modules (using modprobe).  After following these steps,
> and tweaking with xawtv configuration for channel, mode, etc... I got my
> card to work for picture, but no sound (the card works fine, I have a
> removable hard-drive and swap between Windows and Linux all the time... In
> Windows the WinTV card has no problems).  I have a creative SoundBlaster
> PCI512 audio card that works fine with Linux CD Music programs, as well as
> "cat <Audio File> > /dev/audio".

[snip]

To me, it sounds (pun unintentional :)) that you should just increase the
volume level of your line-input (or the input you hooked up to the TV card)
with you favorite mixer utility (there are about 67 different tools
available, so have fun :)), like KMixer.

 - Nemosoft

Try SorceryNet!   One of the best IRC-networks around!   irc.sorcery.net:9000