Re: installling bttv in linux 2.4.4

Ben Bridgwater wrote:

> Anders Gnistrup wrote:
> >

> > Ok. that cleared up my overview. Thanks.
> > in fact I have downloaded all bttr drivers but I could not find the "the thin red
> > line".
> >
> > I have attached my code.
>
> You should really be doing a *single* mmap() of size indicated by
> VIDIOCGMBUF, and then using the frame offsets into that to retrieve the
> captured frames.

hmm. okay. done it.

> Also your capture loop seems a bit convoluted, and I don't think you're
> giving yourself any time to copy each frame after you set the condition
> variable before you start to overwrite

You are absolutely right. I tried to implement another pthread_cond_t and made the
thread wait until
the copy was finish and SUCCES. ;-) .

the code now work like this.
frame = next_frame = 0
capture frame
while(1) {
    capture(next_frame)
    sync(frame)
    copy(frame)
    frame = next_frame;
    nextframe = (nextframe +1) %2
}

The difference between this and the below is that this is convoluted and works at
25Hz.
BTW. is legal/safe to convolute?

And thanks for the overview and the littly "hint".