ffserver

Hi!

I've been playing around with ffmpeg/ffserver, but some things are bothering me

1) How do I get an application (let's say realplayer for .rm and MpegTV for
mpeg1video) to actually think the stream is a _stream_ and not some file
that's downloaded.

At the moment the applications is clearly thinking it's downloading a file,
buffers, it, play large chunks, halts, download some more, etc. - not very
bright.

I see realplayer has a real-time streaming protocol rtsp://..... - any ideas
how that works. Would it be easy to change ffserver to use that instead?

2) MJPEG sucks in Netscape. It's flickering constantly. How do I get it to
actually look like a video stream being played and not like a fast slideshow?

3) Anybody had any success with the DivX stuff? I can't get it to be
recognised by any player.

4) What does the framerate option do? Whether I make it 10000 or 1, the
stream still plays at the same (inconsistent rate) which is basically what I
want (after all, it's streaming), but why is there a framerate option then?

5) Has anybody had any luck with the h.263 encoder in ffmpeg ?

6) Is anybody working on ffmpeg? The author seems to have disappeared
completely.

--

Regards
 Abraham

We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always respect
their good judgement.

 Abraham vd Merwe - 2d3D, Inc.

 Device Driver Development, Outsourcing,
 eEnterprise, Application, Embedded

  Cell: +27 82 565 4451       Snailmail:
   Tel: +27 21 761 7549          Block C, Antree Park
   Fax: +27 21 761 7648          Doncaster Road
 Email: abraham@xxxxxxxxxx       Kenilworth, 7700
  Http: http://www.2d3d.co.za    South Africa