Re: merging 2 mpgs together

On 12-May-01 Benedict Bridgwater wrote:
> iehrenwald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2001, Jauder Ho wrote:
>>
>> > I have 2 mpgs that I would like to play as a single file. Are there any
>> > tools that allow me to do so? Thanks.
>>
>> cat video1.mpg video2.mpg > video3.mpg
>
> Have you tried it? ;-)

yes. I do exactly this all the time.

> This utility is a better bet:
>
> http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/

The above utility is useful for splitting, but for joining files, it's not
necessary. the mpg stream is a sequence of blobs. so long as the last blob
on the 1st is complete (it should be if the 1st file is proper), then there
should not be any problems in catting 2 mpg files together.

rgds,

-Greg

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."       (New York Times, November 26, 1991)
| Greg Hosler                           i-net:  hosler@xxxxxxxxxxx    |