Re: bttv and RealProducer

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Bas janssen wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I was wondering if there is found a sollution yet for this problem with
> realproducer...
>
> I have this setup with the same problems:
>
> -Miro pctv card
> -Redhat 7.1 (w2.4 kernel) install
> (kudzu configured my video capture cards)
>
> I can view both sources (svhs and composite) with xawtv in colour,
> but when is try to stream video with the realproducer i only get a
> black&white stream. if i quit the producer again, xawtv allso displays in
> black and white. If is set the image-format to non-pal and back to pal
> again, the coulour returs, or my machine freezes up...
>
> I would really like to start using the realproducer with linux !!

I don't know about the card, but with the bttv, I've solved the same
problem.

There's a README file in the realproducer directory. They say you must set
an environment variable to tell realproducer whitch TV norm you use. Here
in Switzerland, we use PAL. Here is an abstract of the config file :

-------- START ----------------------------------------------
+ Capture video format may be specified only by using the VCAP_FORMAT
  environment
  variable.  Valid values are PAL, SECAM, and NTSC.  If the environment
  variable is absent or different from the above, NTSC is assumed.
  Examples for setting format to PAL for different shells follow:

bash% VCAP_FORMAT=PAL realproducer -l 0,2:1 -s myserver:4040/live.rm -y 0
      * or *
bash% export VCAP_FORMAT=PAL
bash% realproducer -l 0,2:1 -s myserver:4040/live.rm -y 0

csh%  setenv VCAP_FORMAT PAL
csh%  realproducer -l 0,2:1 -s myserver:4040/live.rm -y 0

sh%   VCAP_FORMAT=PAL realproducer -l 0,2:1 -s myserver:4040/live.rm -y 0
     * or *
sh%   VCAP_FORMAT=PAL
sh%   export VCAP_FORMAT
sh%   realproducer -l 0,2:1 -s myserver:4040/live.rm -y 0

To get the sound from the line in soundcard port and the video from the
S-Video port, I say :

realproducer -l 2:1,4:2...

Hope this helps.

Norbert

Omedia sa              Av. de la Gare 38          CH1920 Martigny
Norbert Crettol                                 Internet services
nc@xxxxxxxxx                                  connexions, conseil
++41 27 722 04 50     http://www.omedia.ch        creation de Web