Re: xawtv problems

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Raymond Rooks wrote:

> Yes, I saw the readme, which gave the instruction that I should "make" and
> the "make install".  I did that, but I still got the same error.  I did as
> you suggested, and tried the XUSERFILSEARCHPATH stuff, and that worked
> (after I also switched to a Hauppage card).  At least, I was able to get a
> picture.  Unfortunatly, I still have the execute xawtv from the source
> directory, where it is stored.  It also means that it is not looking at my
> .xawtv configuration file.

It sounds like you may not have /usr/local/bin in your path (that's where
the xawtv binary is installed to by default). Running it from the source
directory should still cause it to read the config file. Are you sure it's
ignoring it?

> In addition, I have another problem. Unless I select for capture, if I use
> the overlay option, I get a dismembered picture, strewn horizontally across
> the screen.  I have to use the grab (something) option instead.  That option
> is also not present in kwintv.

Might be something to do with your X server depth/resolution. Try running
at 16bpp if you're not already.

Hope this helps!

jp

--