Re: video4linux, serious trouble

I think I have a similar problem (and no ideas how to really solve it).
I  have a TV Capturer PCI tv-card and just upgraded to Mandrake 8.0
(kernel 2.4.3, XFree 4.0.3). Before the upgrade (kernel 2.2.17, XFree
4.01) everything worked perfectly, so I kept a copy of the old
configuration files.

After a clean install, the picture was OK if the window was was small.
At full screen, about 5/4 of the screen was black and I could see only a
narrow vertical strip of the picture. modules.conf and XFConfig were
from teh working setup.

Installed the old version of XFree with old configuration files, no
change. But after changing both depth and bpp in XFConfig to 24,
(originally depth=24, bpp=32) it almost works. Now the picture is fine
if the width of the window is smaller than about 600 pixels. At full
screen, the rightmost 1/4 of the picture is not refreshed regularly and
it contains whatever gets written there every few seconds.
Does anybody have any ideas how to get things working?

Thanks,
Matti