Re: ffserver streaming Jpeg ...

Jodie Reynolds wrote:

> Dear Juan (and List):
>
> I would be interested in your patch.

	I'll send it yo you on a separate email since this goes to
v4l list also and other people.

> I also have a patch against 0.3.4 that fixes ASF streaming (although the
> MPEG4 standard has adopted QuickTime streaming format which I'll probably

	Maybe this is good since I've heard that ASF sucks ;) Maybe
the Darwin Streaming Server code could help you.

> add sometime soon) and allows arbitrary sizing of the video (within the V4L
> limitations.)  I've been working on and off at implementing a better
> bit-rate calculation and limiter and a cgi-driven 'configurator.'  (Trying
> to keep the server as light as possible and allow it to continue to be
> command-line driven.)

	Neat ! Since I been working mostly on the codec side I note
that the bit-rate control could be improved. Most codec use
a MB based control instead of the plain frame based control
of ffmpeg, the problems is implement it without much
overhead.

> If we can all merge our patches together prehaps we can get another version
> out?

	Sure. I have been in contact with Darrius Thompson who is
the moderator of ffmpeg project page at projectmayo, he has
trying to get in touch with the author but couldn't locate
so far. He suggested (and I agree) that people that is
developing/contributing on ffmpeg join the DivXStreaming
list at projectmayo so we could keep in touch and coordinate
hoping to Gerard appears. Also suggested that we could merge
our patches and start testing them so we have a release
ready if Gerard doesn't appear soon.
	By now it will be nice to have your patch to merge the
codes.

Thanks
Juanjo