Re: bttv-0.8.13 and big size capturing

Hi:

	I saw this email from you on V4L I will like to coment with
you .....

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > Is it a way to watch just 1 frame per second in xawtv, when I capture 512x384
> > video ? It will help, becouse I will know when to stop recording.
>
> Not yet.  If both captured video + overlay are small enouth (i.e.
> height < 288 for PAL), bttv will use the one field for overlay and
> the other one for capture.

	This is a limitation on BT848/878 ?
	Because one think I will like to do is capturing 30fps,
progressive at resolutions bigger that 240 lines on NTSC. Is
this possible ? Some time ago I heard somebody say that this
was a limitation  of NTSC....
	On the other hand I believed that on preview mode (overlay
+ capture) you could get only 15 fps... Am I wrong ?

> xawtv can't send captured frames to both X11 display and video stream
> yet, but it's on my todo list.  With devices that can't do overlay at
> all (i.e. USB webcams for example) you have exactly the same problem.

	But it will be posibly on a fast machine to copy the frame
onto screen and other buffer (on a aplication level basis).
	Sometime ago I saw something like a V4L multiplexer that
let to programs read /dev/video .....

Thanks.
Juan J. Sierralta P.