Audio Problem with mjpegtools and ESS AudioDrive 688

Hi again,

I have been using lavtools/mjpegtools for some time, and with the regular updates, I'm getting a little tired of having to re-do the same hack over and over. The problem is that if I use lavrec "out of the box", I get an error from the sound system. The offending piece of code is in the function do_audio() in audiolib.c:

 tmp = audio_rate;
 ret = ioctl(fd, SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED, &tmp);
 if (ret<0 || tmp!=audio_rate) {
    printf("ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED): errno=%d\n", errno);
   system_error("setting sound rate",0);
 }

The hack I applied was to change it to the following:

 tmp = audio_rate;
 ret = ioctl(fd, SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED, &tmp);
 if(ret<0)
   printf("ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED): errno=%d\n", errno);
 /* || tmp!=audio_rate) system_error("setting sound rate",0); */

Very simply, I don't check the number returned from the speed setting ioctl. Now this may be some bizarre bug in the ESS sound driver module, or it may be as a result of some limitation of the sound card, but the hack works in that I can record 44.1KHz stereo. How should I go about getting this changed properly, so that lavrec/lavplay do work in future releases? Is this the right mailing list, or do I need to mail someone directly?

Thanks,

Ed.