Re: XAWTV or other

Aaron Fennell <aaronf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I added Load v4l to my Xfree86Config file and installed the v4l
> extensions for Xfree864.0 however this doesnt seem to help. On the xawtv
> site it says that only mga driver (matrox G200+G400) supports hardware
> scaling, does anybody know wether you can do hardware scaling with a
> TNT2.

nVidia cards (with the nVidia supplied drivers) do support hardware
scaling, but not in a way that is compatible with the v4l support in
XFree86 4.0 (that is at least my understanding of the situation).

However, you can set up a modeline to your X server configuration that
corresponds to the maximum resolution that the TV card will provide
without scaling (for PAL that is 768x576 in v4l mode).  You can then
persuade xawtv to switch to that resolution when going to full-screen
mode by adding an entry reading "fullscreen = 768x576" to the [global]
section of your ~/.xawtv.  Works like a charm.

HTH
--
Echelon bait:
Noriega Vince Foster NWO Semtex Ruby Ridge PLO Roswell Lon Horiuchi