weird effects

Hi,
I am porting a video capture app to linux and have had good success so far except ...

I am capturing using a miro PCTV card and on redhat linux k2.2.16. The capture mode is set to PAL and BGR24. I get a picure consistent with that - dimensions and colour, but there are regular vertical and horizontal lines obscuting the image in all three components (RGB).

Is it possible this mode is not fully supported? Dos anyone recognize this effect?

A simple demo program downloaded and compiled runs ok but it captures in a format which matches the display - my app is not constrained like that and uses RGB24.

Hope you can help

Ivor Cox