Re: Automatically cutting commercials

"Marco A. Sousa" wrote:

> > He said that broadcast video starts off with some sort of queue signal that
> > tell the downstream companies where to place adds.  I guess there was some
> > abuse of this data, so everyone removes the queues before they get to the
> > consumer.  We asked if there was anything similar in the vertical blank, but
> > he said no.
>
>:(
>
> So this explain why the ads are blank in satellite but not in a regional TV.

The blank in some ads here in Brazil is due to an scheme regarding
regional ads and wide country ads. Its not related to any specific code
or ad warn.
Television over here has much of analogic tech, so, they send this blank
space to small operators put their local ads. But, the networks ads and
national/gov ads has not blank screen or signals before.

--
Gleicon S. Moraes

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
                -- Frank Zappa