absymal image capture quality with xawtv

I recenlty set up a Debina/Progeny machine with a WinTV card. I am using xawtv, and
the live scenes seeeem fine.

However my image captures (stills0 have really bad quality. Is there some way I cna
improvove this?

The man page mentions a quality flag for the jpeg graber, but my copy is garbled as
to the range for this. Is it 1 to100? or 0 to 65K?

Also how can Imake certain that both sets of scan lines are getting to the saved
image?

What else can I do to improve this quality? This was my main justification for
puting this system togehter, and I'm really diapointed with the results.

I'm usinf the 2.4.3 kernel, and the version of xawtv in Debian "stbae' if this
matters.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@xxxxxxxx                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.