Re: Automatically cutting commercials

I think GATOS supports CC.  It is not V4L2, but a custom program for ATI
cards.

I'm sure with a little programming you can get bttv to find XDS data (on
NTSC line 284) or CC (line 21).

In Brazil you probably have a different set of VBI data services available.
If you are serious about this, try downloading a good VBI tutorial from:
http://www.video-demystified.com/
goto => "Standards" => "NTSC/PAL VBI Data"

XDS will tell you the network, the station, what is playing, how long it is, etc.
There is also 'Time of Day' and 'Impulse Capture ID' in XDS which is supposed
to tell the VCR the current time and when to start recording a program.
Of course, this is only relevant to analog video.

You will have to look around within the VBI lines to see what is being
broadcast in your area, what channels, and when.

     -- Peter

                    marcolinux@linu
                    xbr.com.br             To:     video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx@Internet
                                           cc:     (bcc: Peter Lohmann/Americas/NSC)
                    04/04/01 01:12         Subject:     Re:  Automatically cutting commercials
                    PM

Peter Lohmann (Peter.Lohmann@xxxxxxx) wrote:

> In your list of 'hints' that a commercial is playing (for analog TV) you
> could include some analysis of VBI data.  For example, most commercials
> in the US do not display CC data (some do).  You can also look at XDS

Could U elaborate more on this?
Do u know some place we can find more info about XDS/close caption?
I've tried cc programs that come with xawtv , but it only show random data.

Regards,
Marco