Re: Question concerning v4l2 backward compatibility layer

Hello Justin,

> OK - True v4l compatibility requires the driver to support the
> REQ_CONTIG_MAP flag to REQBUFS.  When your driver receives a REQBUF
> request with this flag set, it should allocate the buffers in "virtual"
> contiguous memory, and return the requestbuffers struct with the flag
> still set.

I just noticed that this is topic is discussed
in the driver writers guide... 8-/

Perhaps I should update my local copies more frequently.

Sorry for spamming the list with this.

> Alternatively, simply return requestbuffers with the REQ_CONTIG_MAP flag
> cleared.  This will tell the compatibility layer that your driver cannot
> do contiguous buffers, it will then tell the v4l app that there is only
> 1 buffer available.

Anyway: many thanks for your explanations!

> -justin

CU
Michael.