Re: V4L/BTTV and audio

patrick engel wrote:

> I've been testing TV cards with V4L1/BTTV and
> V4L2/BTTV2 drivers.
>
> Currenlty I'm testing with Hauppauge WinTV Pci and
> Pinnacle/Miro Studio PCTV Pro cards (NTSC tuners).
> I've been running Xawtv on RedHat 6.2.  Video overlay
> works pretty well but audio has some issues.  If I
> insmod soundcore and msp3400, I hear white noise (from
> a blank TV channel) eventhough I've selected SVideo or
> Composite video sources.  The video source is verified
> to have audio on the carrier freq.
>
> Maybe someone on the list has come across this issue.
> Otherwise it's going to be 'printk' and debug all the
> way.
>
> Maybe a sample /etc/conf.modules would do the trick.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Patrick

There could be a problem with the latest bttv2 driver, and Miro PCTV
cards - I accidentally left one of my changes behind when I uploaded the
driver... (I did not have an audio cable handy, so I hacked the driver
to get the audio via RF and the video via composite).

You can fix it by editting bttv_cards.c and changing the #if 0 to #if 1
at the card definition for the Miro PCTV...

-justin