Xawtv-remote / random mute

Hi,
Im using xawtv with the following setup:

bttv0: model: BT878(Askey/Typhoon/Anubis Ma) [autodetected]
bttv0: i2c attach [Philips NTSC_M (MK2)]
K6II 400Mhz 64 MB mem.
Kernel 2.4.2
Xfree 4.0.2
bttv-0.7.60
xawtv-3.40
norm: PAL-M
It works very well but I'm having some problems with xawtv-remote:
When I do
xawtv-remote setinput next , nothing happens.

It works with both:
xawtv-remote setinput Composite1
xawtv-remote setinput Television

setinput next is useful when using Video input selection from  Remote control.
Any idea?

What is very annoying is random muting. Sounds mute with weak signals but
not always. Some times it mute with no aparent reason. And dont mute when
there's no signal!

For example, try put a cheap VCR on Composite1 and then pause. The noise
generated due to bad image quality when in pause (Watching a SP record with EP
video heads) makes a sound noise due to mute/unmute.
Hope u understand what I mean.

How can I completely disable muting with bttv?
Can u imagine record a Britney Spears show without sound?

Best regards,
Marco