[V4L] streamer capture

I've had my wintv card working for quite a while.  I've used it with
cable input, camcorder input and web cam input.  I'm able to generate
pretty decent jpegs.  I recently attempted to use streamer to capture a
small segment of video from my camcorder, with poor results.  When
viewed via xanim, the avi file presents a black/white video that covers
roughly the top 2/3 of the window.  I've attempted variations on fps and
window size.  The best I get is the above description with:

streamer -s 320x240 -i s-video -r 20 -t 60 -o foo.avi

Any suggestions as to how I might produce a more useful video?

Hardware: Celeron 400, 128meg, Matrox Millennium 8meg, blaster 3dfx
add-on card 8meg.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein