Re: [V4L] Mpeg2 Program stream

On Monday 18 December 2000 08:21, you wrote:
> Hi
>   I would like to know if there is a software implementation of Mpeg2
> Program stream multiplexer which can take as inputs an mpeg2 video and an
> mpeg1 layer2 audio stream can can output a program stream. Mplex is one
> source that i have gone thru but it gives out an mpeg1 program stream
> out. I would be glad if any one can help me out on this.
> Thanx
>
> Vinod

Yes.  See my much updated "mplex" on cvs on mjpeg.sourceforge.net.
Its a part of the  "mjpeg_play" module (sorry about the name - never got
around to changing it!).

For particular applications you may need to fiddle with to code that adjusts
the flags that control the precise multiplexing format.   There is currently
no support for the additional stuff needed for AC3 audio for DVD and index
file generation and/or 5.1 MPEG-2 audio for SVCD however it should appear
over the next couple of months.

There would have been a tarball "beta2" release some days back but
sourceforge's incoming server disappeared literally during the middle of the
final build esting / uploading.

	Andrew