Re: [V4L] OpenGL Support / Multiple-Input Cards?

>By: "Wesley Hosking" <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> http://www.atlantek.com.au/picprodigy

I love that aproach to put the sea of gates type programable logic onto the
board next to all that ram
May I ask what Vendor You/They (I didn't get if your part of the developers
or just evaluating for use ?)
use for those In System Programable Chips ?

Any of these ?

 Hardware/Electronics
                                 http://www.actel.com/
                                 Non-Volatile Reprogrammable Gate Array

                                 http://www.altera.com
                                 The Altera University Program provides
colleges and universities worldwide with
                                 access to state-of-the-art
                                 development software and programmable logic
devices. With these tools, students
                                 and instructors can solve simple or complex
problems in digital logic design.

                                 http://www.atmel.com/
                                 Atmel is one of the elite new companies
capable of integrating dense nonvolatile
                                 memory, logic and analog functions on a
single chip. Atmel chips are manufactured
                                 using the most advanced wafer processes,
including BiCMOS, CMOS and Silicon
                                 Germanium (SiGe) technologies.

                                 Both the AT6000 and AT40K Series are the
only FPGAs with the ability to implement
                                 Cache Logic design, where part of the FPGA
can be reprogrammed without loss of
                                 register data, while remainder of the FPGA
continues to

                                 http://www.cypress.com/
                                 Cypress introduces the world's largest
CPLDs with the new Delta39K[tm] CPLD
                                 family. Based on a 0.18u process, this
family ranges from 50,000 to 350,000 usable
                                 gates and provides five times the amount of
embedded RAM compared to any other
                                 FPGA available today with similar logic
capacity.

                                 http://www.latticesemi.com/
                                 Lattice/Vantis offers 3.3V PLDs with the
speed and density you need!
                                 Join the Programmable Analog Revolution!
                                 Lattice introduces ispPAC, the in-system
programmable analog device family.
                                 New 5000V Family World's widest PLDs are
available NOW!

                                 http://www.lucent.com/micro/fpga/
                                 The ORCA Series 3 is the new generation of
SRAM-based FPGAs from Lucent
                                 Technologies, with enhancements and
innovations geared toward today's high-speed
                                 designs and tomorrow's systems on a single
chip.
                                 The ORCA Series 3 FPGAs consist of three
basic elements: Programmable Logic
                                 Cells (PLCs), Programmable Input/output
Cells (PICs), and system-level features. An
                                 array of PLCs is surrounded by PICs. Each
PLC contains a Programmable Function
                                 Unit (PFU), a Supplemental Logic and
Interconnect C

                                 http://www.quicklogic.com/
                                 With QuickLogic's new WebASIC program, you
can receive programmed FPGA and
                                 ESP devices at no cost within 24-48 hours
of sending us your design data via the
                                 Internet. Created to speed time to market,
the WebASIC program also offers a way to
                                 solve the performance and pin-locking
problems associated with traditional
                                 SRAM-based FPGAs by allowing you to easily
retarget your designs to QuickLogic
                                 devices.

                                 http://www.xilinx.com/
                                 Xilinx CPLDs are easy to use. Our 5V XC9500
and new 3.3V XC9500XL families
                                 offer the complete solution for designers
today, from performing the simplest of PAL
                                 integration
                                 designs to the more advanced, real-time
hardware field updates. Our customer
                                 proven pin-locking capability, along with
the industry's most advanced JTAG test
                                 capability, means you can now easily
program, test and verify your designs. That
                                 means it's easier and faster to get your
system to market using Xilinx FastFLASHT

See I need to find out a little more about using these high density circuits
and the tools available to program in them so i did a little research
I made these links accesible and publicaly updatable at http://trax.to/win
under Developer Resource

Id love to find out more about this technology and the library elements that
you are developing
So drop a note from time to time about the progress

cheers

Tobias