[V4L] OpenGL Support / Multiple-Input Cards?

	Hello Everybody,

we're just getting into Linux and Video (been using sgi so far). We're
doing image analysis for Augmented Reality and so we have some probably
not-so-common problems.

We need to add 3D graphics to the video image coming from a standard
camera, using OpenGL. Thus an opaque window showing video doesn't help us,
we need the video to be in an OpenGL-compatible window. The easiest way to
do that is to get the video into main mem and copy it to the screen from
there. As we need the video image in main mem to analyse it anyway that's
not a big problem, but most OpenGL drivers for Linux are very badly
optimized for pixel blits.

Does anybody have experience which cards can copy to main mem at all, and
which can do it fast? Is there a way to copy video directly to an OpenGL
window? Any hints which OpenGL cards work best for this?

The second problem is multiple inputs. For stereo applications we need two
images, sometimes a third from above for tracking. Are there any cards out
there with multiple inputs and linux drivers?

Thanks for any hints

	Dirk

-- Dirk Reiners             reiners@xxxxxxxxxx, Dirk.Reiners@xxxxxxx
-- OpenSG Forum                                http://www.opensg.org
-- Rundeturmstrasse 6                 http://www.igd.fhg.de/~reiners
-- D-64283 Darmstadt                 All standard disclaimers apply.
-- Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.