Re: [V4L] Imagenation PXC200 initialization

Ref:[Gerd Knorr, Tue, 05/12/00 @ 21:22 +0000]
> > I am having problems grabbing from an Imagenation PXC200
> > frame grabber using the bttv driver. The version I am
> > using is 0.6.4h under a vanilla linux 2.2.14.
> Oops.  I expected at least that version works as there the original
> code was not touched yet.  That 0.7.x is broken is a known problem,
> but I expected the breakage happened while porting it to the new i2c
> code.
> Looks like someone with such a card should have a deep look at this...

Oh boy. There goes another month of my PhD :)

> Anyone knows a bttv version where it _really_ worked ?

The problem with the PXC200 (apart from imagenation's wonderful policy
regarding documentation, which is really not warranted given the board's
quality - sorry guys, if I unplug a camera, I don't regard my system
freezing as acceptable) is that there are at least two different models
out there (as in different on-board hardware) but with the same model
number. Alessandro's driver was able to handle this (I think), but when
I put his code into bttv, it was a quick cut'n'paste job so it only
initialises my model of the board properly.

> > Which is a little strange: shouldn't I2CRead return different
> > values? Is the board actually initialized corectly here?
> looks like it isn't, which in turn probably is the reason why the card
> doesn't work.

It works for me - again, different hardware on the boards.
(And I do get the same values read back as well)

--
Mark Dennehy, 				Email : Mark.Dennehy@xxxxxxxxx
Research Student,