Re: [V4L] Imagenation PXC200 initialization

> I am having problems grabbing from an Imagenation PXC200
> frame grabber using the bttv driver. The version I am
> using is 0.6.4h under a vanilla linux 2.2.14.

Oops.  I expected at least that version works as there the original
code was not touched yet.  That 0.7.x is broken is a known problem,
but I expected the breakage happened while porting it to the new i2c
code.

Looks like someone with such a card should have a deep look at this...
Anyone knows a bttv version where it _really_ worked ?

> Which is a little strange: shouldn't I2CRead return different
> values? Is the board actually initialized corectly here?

looks like it isn't, which in turn probably is the reason why the card
doesn't work.

> One thing I noticed is that I cannot change the palette from
> the default one (RGB565): calling ioctl VIDIOCSPICT with a
> different palette, followed by VIDIOCGPICT, reveals that
> nothing has changed.

Yes, old bttv versions have a lot of flaws like this one.  For
capture with mmap() it does'nt matter as the video_mmap.format
field is used.

  Gerd

--
Wirtschaftsinformatiker == Leute, die zwar die aktuellen Aktienkurse
jedes Softwareherstellers kennen, aber keines der Produkte auch nur