[V4L] MP1E and 2GIG Barrier

Hello all!

I would like to record movies to one file instead of splitting them into two
but I am running into the 2 gig file barrier. I did some research and found
LFS. I installed LFS by patching my kernel, recompiling, patching glibc,
recompiling, etc, etc....  The LFS test comes back with all OK's but I still
cannot get files bigger than 2gig. I have tried catting out a file to
another file to see if I could break the barrier but that just gives me the
error about the file being to big. I then went to read up on it more and
found that it is application specific. I am not a c programmer so I thought
that I would bounce this off the list.

My questions are:

To get MP1E to create files greater than 2 gig, would MP1E need to change or
is there something else that needs to be done (More patching of libs, v4l2
patching, etc etc)?

Is anyone working on getting this to work?

Thanks,

Steve