Re: [V4L] xawtv's menu

In lists.linux.v4l, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using xawtv on different machines I find that the menu has different features.
> I'm using the same xawtv version on all machines.
> On some machines the volume slide and Audio setting is missing and on other
> machines the color slide is missing.

Yes.  xawtv looks at the capabilities reported by the hardware driver.
If the driver says it can't ajust something xawtv will not display that
control because using it would have no effect anyway...

For the volume you can tell xawtv to use the soundcard mixer instead
of the v4l API.  That will help in case the TV card itself can't control
the volume.

> Also when I change to "grabdisplay" I get :
> grabbing: not supported

Xvideo?  grabbing does'nt work then.  You can turn off Xvideo by running
xawtv with "-noxv".

  Gerd

--
Wirtschaftsinformatiker == Leute, die zwar die aktuellen Aktienkurse
jedes Softwareherstellers kennen, aber keines der Produkte auch nur