Re: [V4L] recording video

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 02:30:52AM +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> today I installed an old old P150 using a bttv card(zoltrix). It records
> about 20fps seconds using xawtv's avi recording function.
> I've a celeron 433Mhz with a bttv card(hauppauge) as well but it records
> about just as slow. There must be something wrong here :-(
> What should I be looking for to get my celeron recording this fast (faster) ?

please don't use xawtv to record video, it's bad for it
the best program I have seen is fame, it create mpeg1 file, but without
sound, you can find it on freshmeat
there is also avifile library, with qtvidcap example program - you can
record avi files (even divx) and get 25fps
there is also patch to kwintv to record high compressed avi
if you record low compressed file - it's not important how fast your cpu
is - your disk can't record too much data, and you are in troubles

hope this helps...

--
No one sees an angel till it smashes to the ground
And then you run somewhere