Re: [V4L] tda985x problem

In lists.linux.v4l, you wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2000 00:49, you wrote:
> > > Regarding this issue : is it possible to just start the TV-sound without
> > > having tv-image ?
> >
> > v4lctl volume mute off
> >
> >   Gerd
>
> Damn, there must be really something wrong with my install.

v4lctl setstation mtv
v4lctl volume 100%
v4lctl volume mute off
[ check line-in of your sound card here with some random mixer tool ]

That should work.  Very old version bttv versions used to mute sound
automatically on exit.  I've changed this at some point to make it
(a) consistent with the radio drivers and (b) because it's useful :-)

Not sure about the status of a stock 2.2.x kernel, as it hasn't been
updated for ages.  With bttv 0.7.x it works for sure.

> Lately thing really go bad after I started using redhat7.

7._0_ -- no comment.

  Gerd

--
Wirtschaftsinformatiker == Leute, die zwar die aktuellen Aktienkurse
jedes Softwareherstellers kennen, aber keines der Produkte auch nur