[V4L] recording video

Hi,

today I installed an old old P150 using a bttv card(zoltrix). It records
about 20fps seconds using xawtv's avi recording function.
I've a celeron 433Mhz with a bttv card(hauppauge) as well but it records
about just as slow. There must be something wrong here :-(
What should I be looking for to get my celeron recording this fast (faster) ?

it's using mjpeg, 25 fps recording.

i didn't think this would run on my P150, but it turned out to be not bad
after all. The problem is that I feel there's something wrong with my celeron
machine:-(
Or is this just limited by something else then the processor ?

is there some spec out there which indicates about he performance of video
grabbing with bttv ?
Or is there a good description on how grabbing works and what's te relation
between processor speed/hard-disk speed etc. is ?

--
Marcel Janssen